Thursday, June 28, 2007

Story of the Supermodel - Pt 8

(the next morning)


Salem: (Sobbing quietly)

Sienna: Woah. Salem! Are you okay? What happened?


Salem: (quietly) Lacrimosa left last night. Without saying goodbye or anything. And... she left this on Aunt Syri's desk. (sniffle)

Note:
Syrinx,
I realize now that I cannot possible retain the services of a muse with so little fashion sense, decorum and grace. The creatures that you allow to live in your house really indicated to me how little understanding you must have of what I do. You live with an animal, a completely inept domestic/cook, and your semi-retarded niece, whose attempts at being a person are laughable at best, pathetic at worst. She probably should have been drowned at birth. In fact, I would still consider that course of action.

So, I began to wonder how someone living in the squalor and situation that you are could POSSIBLY understand what I do, much less and actually think you could ADVISE me. I realized, you can't. So, I will no longer be needing your services. My manager will have your final check delivered to you in the next week.


Sincerely,

Lacrimosa
Sienna: Oh.... oh, Salem. Honey...


Salem: You said "don't be such a hermit". You said "Try letting people in". You said "Don't judge a book by it's cover." You said being an anti-social nihilist wasn't trendy

Sienna: Salem, I...

Salem: Well you know what, you're right! I don't hate people because it's trendy, I hate people because it's a GOOD IDEA! And it saves a lot of time and heartache.

Sienna: Salem, she was just one person and...

Salem: No, I'm not listening anymore. I took your advice, I tried. When everyone else said she was so awful, I tried to give her the benefit of the doubt. And you know what? People just SUCK, Sienna. I don't know why I even bothered to try. Maybe I really AM retarded.

(Salem stomps away)




Sienna: Oh, Salem. Oh no.