Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Music School Update

So some of you know I had this weird dream about a music school way back in January.

Well, it looks like it just might actually happen!


Just some framing on the windows inside, and the first floor will be DONE!


Just like in the dream, this is going to become a reality with my buddy, Salome Wormwood. She's an amazing piano teacher, and I want this to be her school too.


She's pretty excited too. We're still planning out where everything is going to go, like the pianos and the front desk.


Though I think this is the corner she's decided the front desk should go in. Just under the stairs.


Speaking of the stairs, the upstairs isn't quite as finished at the downstairs.


But it's coming along. This hardwood floor is to die for!


And Salome thinks the acoustics and the light up here will make it perfect for a lesson/practice space. Awesome.


We're pretty much on the same page about everything regarding the music school, actually.


Including that the pink and blue exterior has GOT to go. There'll be stonework to replace the pink. I hope that happens soon. I'll let you know!

Our goal is to be open in time for a Christmas recital, and I think we just might make it! I guess we'll see!

- Miri

7 comments:

  1. I am impressed Miri and Salome! Wish I were in Colorado, too, I could teach flute. But the astrology research has me pretty tied up for now. It's going to be a beautiful space and lots of beautiful music will come out of there, I'm sure. Sending best of luck, Trilby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Miri-chan! I wish I could come see you and Salome teach!
    Your school looks amazing! I can't wait to see it once it's completed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like an awesome place already! I can just see the stone on the front. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:06 PM

    Jilly is so excited to hear about your music school. She has an electric guitar that she wants to learn to play. She wants to know if you can teach her some songs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Trilby! Thanks for the good wishes and luck sending! We could definitely use a flute teacher, but I can see where your astrology work would keep you busy. Have fun, and I'll let you know how it all turns out!

    Aww, thank you ZenakuCreator! Come on down any time! I can't wait to see it finished either. It's hard sometimes, when I project gets so close to done, waiting to see what completed project. But soon!!! SOON!

    Thanks, Bama! I think it's going to be pretty cool, but that pink has GOT to go.

    Hey there Jillyscorner! We haven't lined up a guitar teacher yet, but I'm sure we will. So far we've just got piano, violin and harp. If we get an electric guitar teacher, we'll let you know right away! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me ha encantado tu blog y tus trabajos.
    Los personajes, son fantasticos.
    besitos ascension

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ascension!!

    Esto es de Google Translate por lo que no puede ser bueno ...
    Thank you so much! Me alegro de que te guste mi blog!
    Gracias por visitarnos!
    * abrazo *

    ReplyDelete