Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Rainy Day at Norm's Dollhouse

I figure, when in doubt: work. You might still feel like you have no idea what you're doing with your life, but at least you'll get paid. Right? Right.

Anyway, I went to Norm's to help with photography yesterday.


And this in spite of the fact that it was a chilly, overcast, rainy morning. Perfect weather for sleeping in or laying in bed reading all day.

They're saying that some Farmer's Almanac predicts it's going to be an early and harsh winter. Chilly as it was today, I'm inclined to think maybe they're right. I guess we'll see. 


Anyway, today I was working as director of photography. They've got a bunch of cool new stuff to put on the Norm's webpage, which means they need a bunch of help. 


It also means I get to see all the cool new stuff, like this pixie sized electric chair.


Strangely comfy. I think "Old Sparky" could come live in my house whenever it's finished.

Oh yeah, my new house, I have to tell you about THAT too. Next time.


And then the Love Bug pulled up.


Seriously, it's Herbie, the Love Bug


His owner said she just thought he was cute and never expected the reaction she got for having him. She said that lots of people take pictures of her car, but I was the first pixie. She was very nice to let me pose with her super cute car.


Later, it poured rain. POURED. Beautiful, if a bit chilly. I was glad I brought my sweater.


And I wound down my evening by watching a movie with Wendy and her dad. We watched "The Producers", the original version with Zero Mostel and Gene Wilder. Very cute flick. I liked it a lot and I think Mel Brooks is a very, very funny guy, for being a human and all.

This was the first time I've sat still and watched a movie in I don't even know how long. So see? I'm relaxing already!

A couple people in the comments of my last blog entry suggested maybe I should find an assistant to help, so I'm not so busy and stressed out all the time. Since I can't seem to find any "Simplify Your Life" books for pixies, I think that's a pretty great idea, so I've put ads in two of the local fae papers. I'll let you know how it goes! Wish me luck!

- Miri

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with the job posting! Hopefully you find a good assistant. :)

    That is so neat that the Love Bug was there! You don't see that every day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello from Spain: good luck. I like that car. Nice pictures of a rainy day. Appears to fall. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sat in the electric chair????? That is too scary for me!
    Oh please, NO! I don't want to have a harsh winter. (Could you please burn that Farmer's Almanac?)
    Good luck with your assistant search. I just want to let you know, that having an assistant is the best thing in the world! (I am so lucky to have Kinsey!)

    ReplyDelete