Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Family Portrait Day - Pt 27

Wendy: Hey, Emi. How's it going?

Emi: Well, I think everyone is here. Zephyr hasn't shot or attacked anyone since we got her bow away from her. Davan is telling off color jokes and has only been slapped twice. And there was apparently some kind of animal attack on the other end of the table, but it sounds like that's over.

Wendy: Wow. So business as usual then?

Emi: (smile) Pretty much. The Wizards have just arrived. They're coming up the stairs now.


Maggie: So many people... Miss Ixya... so many people...

Ixya: It'll be okay, Maggie. It's all right...

Maggie: (sob) Please don't make me go up there! Please Miss Ixya!!

Ixya: Um... Maggie, really...

Ixya: Hey, Kellan. A little help here?

Kellan: Um... (patting on head) there there, Maggie. It'll be okay.

Maggie: (still sobbing hysterically)

Flint: Here. Let me help. Maggie? Come here, Maggie. It'll be okay. I'll protect you, okay? It's just like when we were in that last town, remember? And you were fine...

Maggie: (sniffle) Okay...

Lenore: Why do you think that little girl was crying, Mr. Azrael?

Azrael: Well... maybe she's just scared. There are a LOT of fae up there...

Lenore: I'm sure they're all very nice, though. Even the ones I haven't met. Though all the ones I have met are very nice. Maybe one or two aren't nice, but mostly they're all nice, and...

Azrael: Oh, I'm sure they are, Lenore. I'm sure they are.

Lenore: Don't YOU be scared, Mr. Azrael.

Azrael: (smile) Well, with you helping me, I'm not scared at all, Lenore. Thank you.

Emi: Welcome, you must be the Wizard of Earth. I'm Emi, it's an honor...

Ullrich: Hmmm.

Ullrich: Hey, Emi. Who's that with Lenore?

Emi: Oh, Gods only know. Some strange fae that followed Wendy home, no doubt.

Ullrich: I don't like the look of him.


Emi: Hmm... truth be told, me neither. But he definitely looks like someone Wendy would bring home, and she definitely didn't run it by ME. (sigh)

Emi: Ullrich, I have to get this wild bunch organized and seated for the portrait. Can you keep an eye on Lenore's friend there for me, please?

Ullrich: Of course, Emi. Don't give it a second thought.

Ullrich: I won't let him out of my sight. Whoever he is....

Emi: All right, if I can have everyone's attention please! Let's get this family portrait DONE!