Friday, August 17, 2007

Waiting...

10:00 a.m.

Wendy: Hey... awww. Hello?

Maggie: Hi Miss Wendy.

Wendy: Hey Maggie! What are you guys doing out here?

Lenore: Waiting.

Wendy: But, didn't Marius say they probably wouldn't arrive until like five or so, this evening?

Lenore: They could be early. So just in case, we're here to welcome them.

Wendy: (smile) Well, okay. Have fun.


*****
12:00 p.m.


*****
1:00 p.m.


*****
2:00 p.m.

*****
3:00 p.m.


*****
3:45 p.m.


*****

4:00 p.m.


*****
5:35 p.m.

Nessa: Hi, Little Wren. May I join you?

Lenore: Sure, Ama.

Nessa: I came out to tell you, the Wizards said that with these storms, the kind of magic they're doing to get here could be delayed. By hours, Wren. And it's getting cold...

Lenore: I'm not cold. And I don't mind staying out here and waiting. Someone should greet them when they get here. Marius might not remember which house it is, either.

Nessa: (smile) Okay, I thought you might say that. If it starts to rain, come wait for them inside, okay?

Lenore: It's not going to rain anymore, Ama. Don't worry.

*****

6:00 p.m.

(rain falling)

Lenore: (sigh)

*****

7:40 p.m.

Quinn: This rain just won't let up, will it?

Lenore: Nope, apparently not. I finally had to drag my chair up here on the porch.

Quinn: By yourself?

Lenore: Spot helped.

Quinn: Ah... well I brought you a blanket. It's kind of cold out.

Lenore: Thanks, Quinn. They really should be here any minute, though.

Quinn: Okay, well, just in case then. See ya.


(Quinn leaves)

Lenore: Oooh, it's a very soft blanket, Spot. I'll bet it is quite warm. Oh! Drat! I forgot to ask him when they're leaving. His sister is that Fae BI agent, and she'll probably be leaving when Detective St. Cloud does. Darn it, Spot. I completely forgot to ask. Ah well.

*****

8:30 p.m.

Lenore: (quietly) It finally stopped raining, so where could they BE, Spot? I hope they're okay. I heard something... something about another group of people coming here and... something bad happened. Oh, I hope they're okay, Spot. Please... please let them be okay.

*****

9:45 p.m.

Lenore: Oh, Spot. This WIND! At least the rain stopped, but the wind is so cold... I'm glad you're all dressed in cozy fur, Spot.

Lenore: So I'm going to snuggle up in this blanket and get warm, Spot. And I might... well it might look like I'm asleep, but I'm really just resting my eyes. But if my eyes are resting, I might not see Marius and Auntie Seph and everyone.

Lenore: So it's up to you, Spot. Bark if you see them, okay? I'll probably see them too, but just in case. Good boy, Spot.

Lenore: (deep breath)

Lenore: Zzzzzzz....

Lenore: Zzzzzz....

Spot: Zzzzzz....