Monday, June 01, 2009

The New Girl

(one rather rainy Monday evening...)

Calla: *Laughing*

Lenore: Okay, I've got another cat video to show you, since you liked that one. It's one of my favorites.


Calla: I'm so glad you're not grounded anymore. It's great that Miss Simona gave you back your computer.


Lenore: I'm glad too. Being grounded was BORING.


(huge flash of lightning, followed by a loud roll of thunder.)

Higgins: YELP!


(thunder rolls and fades)

Calla: Wow, that was really close. It must've hit a powerline or somethin'.


Lenore: Yeah, maybe we'll just turn the computer off for now. Just in case.

Calla: Yeah.


Louisa: Wow, that was kind of scary.

Calla: Yeah, poor Higgins is really upset.

Higgins: *whimper*


Simona: Girls? May I have your attention, please?

Lenore: Of course, Miss Simona.


Simona: Girls, I would like to introduce you to someone very special. This is Prudence Permelia. She will be staying with us for a while.


Simona: For now, she will have to sleep on the couch. So, while Ahma and I are getting the couch ready for her, please introduce yourselves and help her feel at home. All right?

Girls: Sure!


Lenore: Hello! I'm Lenore.

Prudence: *quietly* Hello.