Thursday, June 02, 2011

One Grand Grand Opening! - by Miranda

Pictures from the Grand Opening of C&M Books and coffee. June 1, 2011




By the time I got to the coffee shop, there was a line around the building! Pixies just lined up, waiting to get in!




Apparently word got out that there would be free pizza, and Taelyn and C.J. had been camping out in front of the coffee shop all day. (Also, photo bomb by Phoebe)



I got to flip the "open" sign and let everyone in! I didn't even get trampled, though they were all excited to come in.




Good crowd, all waiting for pizza. Lots of mingling and conversation.




Lots to take in for everyone, and I was looking for Clara.




I found Clara upstairs, freaking out a little bit about the grand opening.




And then I spotted our official photographer, Madera. And I did the only sensible thing...


I took a picture of her taking a picture of me!




The pizza arrived, and Taelyn and C.J. were first in line when Sadie started dishing it up.





My good friend, Hitty Rosabelle Kleider, came to the grand opening 'cause she's just a neat lady like that. (Also, another photo bomb by Phoebe. *shaking head*)




A friend who was unable to make it (because air fare is expensive) was our internet friend, Rasa. So we made a cardboard cutout of her and she joined us anyway!


The night seemed to be drawing to a close around 10:45 p.m. We were discussing packing up and going home.

And that's when the Creepy Sisters arrived.




Lacrymosa headed straight for the books upstairs. I don't know if she was looking for something specific, but she did find a few she wanted.




Meanwhile, Freya wanted to do a tarot reading for the shop to show us how good and accurate she was. She's hoping we'll let her come do readings for customers every couple weeks or so.




She saw lots of good things for the shop, lots of money cards I guess. But she also said we'd been deceived "by omission" and that the deception would show itself very soon.



We asked Freya if the Creepy Sisters could do something more to help us. She said it would be a conflict of interest, but that they would do what they could.

Creepy.

But THEN she said that the greatest darkness would be repelled by the pregnant lady. And that's when I knew her card reading had to be nonsense, because we don't KNOW any pregnant ladies. Not a one. So there can't be anything to it, right?



Clara and I with three of the five Creepy Sisters.

And then they left.



We decided that was the end of the party and everyone started cleaning up. Roo got the chairs up and started sweeping.




Sadie took out the old pizza boxes and trash.


And then we all went home. I still keep thinking that tarot reading was a bit weird, but it's all good. We might still have Freya in to do readings now and again, for entertainment purposes only. We'll see.

And that was our grand Grand Opening. Thank you to everyone who joined us on Facebook while it was going on for sharing it with us. That was a lot of fun. We'll have to do events like that again sometime (and I might even remember to do the drawings I was thinking about earlier in the day. Duh.)

- Miri