Saturday, January 07, 2012

A Strange Dream

Ever have one of those dreams that you think means something?

I just did.

It started with my bunny, Bean waking me up. She opened the apartment door and said "Hey, let's go! You're going to be late."



And in the dream, it didn't seem weird at all that my pet bunny was talking to me. So I did the only sensible thing.



I followed her.


We got outside, and suddenly Bean had turned into a horse. And this also seemed perfectly normal to me in the dream.



So I mounted up, dressed only in my jammies, and she said "Okay, let's get going!"



And that's when things got weird.



We rode for a long time. It was the middle of the night, but I wasn't cold or anything. It was a beautiful, clear night.



We saw Phoebe pulling Harley in a wagon. They said they were going to the recital and they couldn't wait to see me there and ran off.



We rode along, and C.J. pulled up in his Jeep. He offered me a ride to the recital, and said my horsie would probably fit in the back of his Jeep, but Bean (still as a horse) said "No, thank you" and he drove away.



We rode into this forest, which looked familiar but I don't think was any forest I've ever actually been to.



While we were riding through the forest, Taelyn came speeding by in a pedal car, with Lon following close behind in a police pedal car! Lon was saying "You'll never get away!" and Taelyn hollered back "You'll never take me alive, copper! I'll beat you to the recital for sure!" and away they raced.



I didn't know what recital it was everyone was going to, but when I saw the sign, something seemed familiar. Just a weird feeling.


And suddenly I was on the doorstep of a music school and realized it was MY recital! I was terrified, clutching my Chopin sheet music tightly.



I knew this was the most important recital of my life. This would be the one that decided if I could attend this incredibly prestigious and highly rated music school. I would have to play my best.



Because I really, REALLY wanted to be one of the new students. I found myself wondering if I'd practiced enough, if I would be able to play for them and impress them into letting me into their school. I wondered if my dress was too flashy...



Which is when I realized I was wearing my pajamas. I'd never pass the audition like this! And I'd never get to attend this amazing school with the great reputation I'd read about. And THEN I realized...



...I didn't have to attend the school. I was one of the TEACHERS!



I walked in, and instead of my sheet music, I was holding a carrot for Bean, who was sitting on a grand piano.



And then Bean was gone and there was my friend Salome, playing the piano!!



She told me she was so honored to get to be a teacher in my school and thanked me for inviting her. We chatted a bit, and it was so nice to see her!



We played a Chopin duet, one of my favorites. It was beautiful.



When we were done with the piece, she stood up and said "I'll see you in May, my friend."



And that's when I woke up.



So it's three in the morning here, which means it's 9:00 p.m. in Australia. I think. I don't want to call and bug Gus and Salome if they've put the baby to bed, but I have GOT to talk to Salome! That building in the dream! That building was the one I just saw at Norm's! It could be a music school, just like I was thinking! I could get Salome to be a teacher. Thorne and Devika might teach too! You never know!



So, I have a lot of calling around and chatting to do tomorrow. Since I'm setting up a music school for pixies and all. This is going to be so cool. I really should try to get SOME sleep since it's too late to call anyone. You should be asleep too!  I'll tell you how it goes tomorrow, promise.



Night night!




- Miri