Friday, October 16, 2015

Catching Up & Working on a Workspace

I forgot to do my Facebook entry uh... last week.Oops. But really, not a whole lot happened.

I did find out why I'm never allowed to help with the grocery shopping. I think this guide is BRILLIANT!

I am not responsible for what happens if you try any of these suggestions. Just sayin'.

And that was really about the most interesting thing that happened.

So, if you're not on Facebook, you're really not missing out. I promise.

Wendy has a whole new workspace/computer/desk thing set up. And I LIKE having my own setup on her desk. I've had it set up before ...


It makes it more convenient for us to discuss important, Wylde Kingdom business.

It also lets me keep an eye on her and make sure she's not bringing home more dolls from the internet.

So, I went to Norm's Dollhouse to look for a desk.

I thought this one was quite nice. The chair too. But at $75 for the desk and $55 for the chair, Wendy suggested I would have to work pretty hard to earn such a thing. (Something about I can't have a desk that costs more than hers. Whatever.)


I thought this was a nice set too. I would've settled just for the chair, but no.

It's hard being head pixie. I get no respect.


In the end, I did get a simpler, but still very awesome desk and chair.  And I moved right in to a spot on Wendy's desk. Take a left at the right speaker, and there's my office.


I have a comfy chair and footstool for pixies who come to my office for meetings. I think this place is mostly set up. I still need a bookshelf and a few other little things that I can make myself.


Though, I could definitely use a rug. It's going to get chilly with this bare floor right by the window. 


 And I knew just the pixie to ask for help!


All three of the Creepy Sisters are amazing fiber artists, but Hera is really, REALLY good at needlepoint and cross stitch & stuff. She came right over and said she could definitely help me with the rug situation.

We talked about patterns and stuff a little, but I told her just do whatever you think will look awesome and she said she would do something really nifty in trade for a sweater or shawl or something to keep her shoulders warm.

I can totally do that! What a deal!


I snapped a quick picture of her before she left.


And Wendy snapped a picture of the both of us. See, this is the kind of thing that's easier when my desk is on her desk.


I think this is going to work out just great. I love my new work space, and I feel more productive already!

- Miri