Thursday, December 05, 2013

Lenore Meets Me at the Manor

Despite our best efforts,it really sounded like Lenore was serious about meeting us at Wightwick Manor on Thursday morning.


So I brought her a change of clothes and stuff, like she asked. And waited.


And waited.


And figuring that she had (hopefully) changed her mind, I might have taken a little snooze while I was waiting.


And I was awoken by a very, very strange noise IN the Manor. Like a whistle, in reverse. Kinda. I ran to see what it was, and sure enough...


LENORE!!!


She was here! Out of thin air! Lenore was right there, in the Manor!


And while I'd planned on wringing her neck when she got here, for scaring us with this trip idea, not listening when we said no, and coming back up here, the second I saw her, I was just so happy to see her, I forgot all of it except how great it was that she was here.


But HOW?


She reminded me of her bracelet. She's done this kind of thing before, turns out. A long time ago, in a blizzard. I remembered hearing about it, but I had forgotten all about it.


She said it's still difficult for her, but she's gotten better at it over time. She can just decide she wants to be somewhere, and with the right words, the bracelet will take her there.


But it has to be somewhere she's been, and knows pretty well. She figured Wightwick Manor probably hadn't changed much, and seriously, who could forget Wightwick?


She was all dressed up like a Princess. Even her MONKEY was dressed up fancy! But she didn't want to talk about her time at Court. Like, at all. And I didn't pry.


We set her up a little changing area in the Manor, and gave her some privacy and tah -dah...

... out came the Lenore we know and love. Not a Princess or anything, just plain 'ol Lenore. And she seemed a lot happier to be out of that getup.



So, she's back. Our Lenore came home. And for all that I was worried about her traveling, I am so glad she's here. Safe and sound and back in the Wylde Kingdom.

I don't know yet why she wanted to leave the Seelie Court so bad. But I imagine she'll tell me when she's ready.

Thank you all for your kind words and worries about our little wandering changeling. I think it meant a lot to her that people were worried about her. It means a lot to me too.

Thank you all.

- Miri