Thursday, January 04, 2007

A Very Small Threat - Pt 1


Nessa: So you're suggesting we just let him stay and kill us all in our sleep, then?

Thorne: He isn't going to "kill us all", Nessa. He doesn't have the feel of a violent creature, and your friend Seph certainly doesn't seem concerned that he'll kill her, since she seems to be spending a great deal of time with him.

Devika: Awww...

Nessa: I don't like it. I don't like the idea of a predator in the house.

Devika: I don't think there's any reason for him to be anywhere near Lenore, and it's just until he's good to travel, right Thorne?

Thorne: Yes... and really, Nessa, I think if we can give him a stable, nonthreatening environment for a while, he'll be fine.

(Lenore sneaking silently)

Nessa: How much more non-threatening could our place BE?

Thorne: He needs a quiet place... he's been hunted for a long time, and I think he's still a little shell shocked. He needs no surprises, no feelings of being threatened.

Devika: So Nessa probably just shouldn't go near him at all.

Nessa: Funny.

Devika: (smiles)

Thorne: No... really, this is a very comforting place. I think he is beginning to feel less threatened every day that he's here, and as I said, I don't think he IS violent.

Thorne: But I DO think he is very used to protecting himself, and I think he could take nearly anything as a threat. And I don't know what he would be capable of if he thought he was acting in self defense...

Lenore: Awww... he's gone.

Lenore: (screams) LET GO!!!! (screaming)

Devika: Did you hear that?

Thorne: That sounded like...

Nessa: Oh God! Lenore!!!!