Sunday, December 31, 2006

Thorne's Questions for the Stranger

Thorne: Greetings. I am Thorne, pixie of the Tribe of Stone. You are....?

Stranger: Lost. I am completely lost. I am clearly not dead, because you are certainly not my vision of Arawn. Where am I?

Thorne: If you please, answer my questions and then I will explain as much to you as I can.

Stranger: Who are you to be questioning ME?

Thorne: Currently I am the one keeping your pretentious butt from being thrown back out in a snowdrift, so please... your name?

Stranger: I cannot remember my name... I remember nothing but snow and cold...

Thorne: Perhaps the fairies of the Carin tribe are unaware that some pixies can detect lies....

Stranger: If you know who I am, Little Man, why are you asking?

Thorne: You're right... very well... I will allow them to throw you back out into the snow... good day...

Stranger: (sigh) Fine, I am Marius, Prince of the Carin of the Silver Blade. Though you seem to know this already.

Thorne: Busted you on the web, Majesty.

Marius: Excuse me?

Thorne: Nevermind. How did you come to be in our backyard, Marius?

Marius: I... I have been running for a very long time. I wasn't prepared for the blizzard, and ended up snowblind and lost. I found your stone circle and sought protection there.

Thorne: You found it. You were discovered before the snow took you, and have been sleeping here on our couch for days.

Marius: Then I owe you thanks, Little... er, Thorne.

Thorne: Frankly, not my idea. You are fortunate to have ended up in the back yard of a house run by a crazy human woman with a "thing" for wayward fairies.

Marius: My thanks to the Lady of the House, then.... So... now what, Thorne?

Thorne: We have much to discuss, I think. I am a storykeeper by trade, and so I would know your story if you will tell it. And you are in no condition to travel yet, and it seems you have nowhere to go. So... why were you running, Prince Marius?

Marius: Well, you see...