Saturday, November 25, 2006

Lenore Is Coming Home


Devika: (humming along with the clicking of the sewing machine)

Nessa: Hello, Vee.

Devika: Oh! Hey, Nessa! I'm almost done with Lenore's Alice dress! Isn't it nifty?

Nessa: It's beautiful, Vee. And timely too. I came to tell you, Lenore is on her way home. She should arrive Tuesday night.

Devika: TUESDAY!! But... that's.... oh there's so much to do!!! Oh!!!

Devika: GAAAAAAHHHHH!

Devika: GAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaa.......

Nessa: Vee, it's....

Devika: ggggggggggggaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaa


Devika: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....

Devika: gggggaaaaaahhhhhhhh....

Nessa: Seriously, Vee... hang on a minute.

Devika: OOF!


Nessa: Oh, Vee! For the love of... are you okay? Has Thorne been feeding you cake again?

Devika: I'm okay. No, no cake. Mr. Thorne gave me a candy cane!!! You know, for Christmas and all.

Nessa: I have got to talk to that man about your sugar intake. (shaking head) Here you go, and how about some calm, soothing conversation a little less running around screaming, eh?

Devika: Yeah, calm and soothing. Yeah yeah, but there really IS a lot to do.

Devika: Now I can get the invitations sent out, so I need to write those up tonight..

Devika: OH! But I still don't know what to get Lenore for her Unbirthday! GAAH!

Nessa: Vee.... calm, soothing... remember?

Devika: That's IT! What you said! Calm and soothing! YES! I know just what to get her! Thanks Nessa!