Thursday, December 14, 2006

Christmas Lights and Pixies Pt 2

So there I was, me and two pixies that I kind of felt like I got tricked into taking with me over to my parents' house.

They were into everything in no time at all.

Admiring my mom's horse collection.

Checking out the Christmas Tree.

And investigating the Christmas candy.

Finally we were off to look at Christmas lights! Andy might have been a little over anxious. She kept pointing out the window and saying "Look, Christmas lights!!!" and was really dissapointed when I didn't see them. Finally, we stopped at an intersection, and she said "Over there, Wendy! There's one! Christmas light!!!"

I tried to explain that the weren't Christmas lights, just traffic signals.

"But they're green and red, and they blink back and forth" she wisely explained, and I couldn't argue.

Anyway, the pixies wanted to stop, and get out of the car to get a better look at most of the places we went.



They really liked the lights, and they wanted to see EVERYTHING!


We drove around all over the place.


And saw all kinds of things.

One display even had automated marionettes dancing which REALLY seemed to fascinate the girls.


The pixies assured me that they weren't cold, even though they weren't wearing jackets or shoes. But when I saw them snuggling up to a lightbulb in a display for warmth, I thought maybe it was time to call it a night.

We stopped by an all night doughnut place on the way back to my parents' house, and got the pixies some warm donuts and hot cocoa. They snuggled up in the warmest thing laying on the counter (a Santa hat from my Mom's Christmas stuff) and warmed up with cocoa and donuts.

After that, I took the pixie girls home and they almost immediately crashed. Devika told me today that they both had a great time, and thanked me for taking them along.

They are pretty cute, and they were a lot of fun to hang out with. So I'm sure I'll hang out with Saoirse and Andy again, and I'm fairly confident I'm never going to be able to look at a traffic light again without thinking "There's one of Andy's Christmas lights!"