Thursday, October 31, 2013

Our Sudden Disappearance

It's Halloween.


We have to go. We have no choice.

I never, EVER thought we would have to run.


But here we are.

I mean, okay... we of the Wylde Kingdom, we're of the "Light" Court of pixies. The Seelie. And the "Light" Court rules the Northern Hemisphere from May 1st to October 31st.

On Halloween, the Unseelie, the "Dark" Court take over the Northern Hemisphere until April 30th. That's just how it's always been.

You humans think you've seen evil, but you haven't until you've met the Unseelie. And God willing, I hope you never do.

We've pushed our luck every year.

We've stayed here, even though we weren't supposed to. And the Unseelie never noticed us.


Until now.

They know we stay. And apparently, they're planning to come visit. Tonight. After Midnight.

So we're leaving.

We're traveling with the Light Court to the Southern Hemisphere.

And we're all going.

All the pixies, anyway.

The Hittys are exempt from the laws of the Unseelie, not being pixies. As are the Woodlees.

The only pixie staying is Madera. Our intrepid photographer. She said someone would need to stay to keep the blog updated with pictures.  Mechanical things don't work in the Fae world, so I'm leaving her my laptop. There's no wi-fi there anyway.

She'll be safe. One pixie won't draw their attention. But a Kingdom full of them... *sigh*

The Woodlees have agreed to keep everything running while we're gone.

The Hittys will live in the Equinox House with Madera and help her keep up the blog.

Wendy has agreed to help with the blog and the Kingdom and everything too.

I can't believe this is happening. I can't believe we're running.

We'll be okay. We will. I hope we will.


It's time. I have to go.


Goodbye.

- Miri