Sunday, July 29, 2007

Hitty's Arrival - Pt 2

(quiet piano music playing)

Wendy: (quietly, to self) Okay... no matter what I find, I will not freak out. Even if the floor is covered in sawdust... oh, sawdust... oh Hitty! I'll save you!

(yanking open door)

Wendy: I'll save you Hitty!!!!

Hitty: EEEP!

(piano music abruptly stops)

Miranda: Oh for crying out loud! Knock much? Get in here. Way to make a first impression! Oh Hitty, are you okay?

Hitty: Yes... (laughing) just startled me a bit.

Miranda: Wendy, allow me to introduce to you your new companion, Hitty Rosabelle Kleider.

Hitty Rosabelle: Hello.

Wendy: Hi, I am so glad to meet you.

Miranda: So... could I talk to you in the kitchen for a minute.

Wendy: Yeah... that would be good (quietly) Hitty thief!

Miranda: Bess, while we're gone, if you want to plink around on the piano, please feel free.

Hitty Rosabelle: Well, I always thought myself a singer, moreso than a pianist, but I do love the piano (plinking on keys quietly).

Miranda: What on EARTH were you thinking?

Wendy: I was thinking that you'd kidnapped Hitty and I was going to find a pile of sawdust and paint on your floor. Do you know half the house is looking for her? And why did you just now call her "Bess"? You just said her name is Rosabelle.

Miranda: I am strangely offended AND flattered. No, no sawdust. And I'm not telling you, you'll just have to wait and see if she explains her name to. AND I'll have you know I didn't KIDNAP her, I rescued her. You weren't home. Trygve wasn't going to get her out without you here. She could've been stuck in that box for hours! But I rescued her and brought her up here for tea.

Wendy: But... how did you tear open the box? That pull tab thing has to be three times as long as you are tall.

Miranda: I got this entire log cabin up here, on the second floor, by myself, and you're impressed that I opened a BOX?

Wendy: Point taken.

Miranda: All right, now lets go back out there and how about you try living up to some of the nice things I told her about you, okay?

Wendy: Awww... um... okay, thanks Miri.

Miranda: Bess, I think it's time you and Wendy headed out. I know that she'll probably keep you up all night talking, but I think you should get some sleep. I have a feeling that between Wendy and Valentine, you have a long day of being a dressmaker's dummy tomorrow.

Hitty Rosabelle: Thank you so much for your kind hospitality, Miri. I cannot thank you enough.

Miranda: Awww, come back any time and I'll play you some more Gershwin, whether the Quakers would've approved of it or not!

(Hitty Rosabelle and Miranda laughing... Wendy looking puzzled)

Hitty Rosabelle: Are you ready, Wendy? Shall we go?

Wendy: Uh.. yeah. But, oh... I don't have any pjs for you... or even really a bed and...

Hitty Rosabelle: I don't need much, don't worry. It is so good to be here, the details will work themselves out.

(Wendy and Rosabelle leave)

Miranda: Aww, what a nice lady that Bess is. I think she's going to be a really good influence on Wendy... the dork. Barging into my house like that. Sawdust! SAWDUST! (shaking head and laughing) Ah, Bess....

Miranda: ... I'll have to brush up on my Gershwin just for you, dearheart. (starts playing "So Am I")... and then introduce you to a whole new world of music, starting with Tori Amos (starts playing "Snow Cherries from France").... yeah, this is going to be a really good thing.

Welcome home Hitty Rosabelle Kleider!