Monday, July 23, 2007

Of Nightmares and Things Forgotten - Pt 3

Sey: It's YOU! You're the Wizard in disguise, aren't you?

Maddy: (sigh) No, Sey. (shaking head) No, I am not. Do you really think you could be this close to the wizard who did this to you and not feel it? I know you don't remember him, but does your heart tell you that Soshkay would let someone this close to you that he was not absolutely certain of?

Sey: Well, I.... hmm...

Maddy: The Wizards believe that you can remember me because it was only your close memories that were taken. Memories of those very dear to you, as you said, your family and friends and loved ones.

Maddy: You barely knew me at the Temple, Sey. I was peripheral to your life, and they believe that your peripheral memories were untouched because they were deemed of no importance by your attacker. I was just a face you occasionally passed in a hallway, and that is why you can remember me still.

Sey: I... you're right. I'm sorry. I just... I'm scared, Maddy. I am so scared. I feel so lost and alone and here I'm lashing out at the one person who I DO remember. I am so ashamed of myself. I am so sorry.

Maddy: No, it's all right, Sey. Here, come here.

Maddy: Soshkay and I are BOTH here to protect and help you. No, I didn't know you very well back then, but you are dear to Soshkay and that alone would make you dear to me. This is a difficult time, but we will make it through. All of us, together.

Soshkay: What does THAT mean? "Not as lost to me as I think"? Why do you Wizards always speak in riddles?

Kellan: (smile) It is no riddle, Soshkay. It is simple, really. Do you remember all the silly, graceless, embarrassing things you did when you were first courting Sey?

Soshkay: (quietly) Well, of course, but I don't see...

Kellan: Don't do them this time.

Soshkay: What?

Kellan: I am the Wizard of Air, of logic and thought, and so love isn't really in my department. I recommend you talk to the Wizard of Water. Since that is the element of romance, emotion and love, she may be able to help you more. But it seems perfectly logical to me that if Sey loved you and was charmed by you once she certainly could be again. Court her, Soshkay. Court her all over again. For now, I must bid you farewell, but I really do think you should talk to the Wizard of Water. Her name is Nerayda, and I'm sure she would be happy to help you.

Soshkay: (thinking to self) Hmmm, court Sey again? But, I don't even know where to start. I guess... I could talk to this Nerayda... "Not as lost to you as you think". Is it possible?